Re: [aroid-l] question about tubers vs. bulbs

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] question about tubers vs. bulbs
  • From: "Mitch ." iamwhatiam52@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 10:48:56 -0400

Hello Nancy,
After blooming, your tuber may rest a year and not grow at all, but mine usually grow a leaf the same year, and the larger ones (over 10" diameter) bloom nearly every year. YOUR TUBER MAY ALSO SPLIT, by putting out several leaves, and leave you with several smaller bulbs.

As for what they are worth, many of us auction them on eBay.
<< It may be several

years before it re-builds enough 'strength'/size to bloom again. >>

OH, my, I assumed that once it matured, it would bloom every year from now
on. Boo hoo. I guess I should savor the moment then, huh. It has been in
the 60's most of the week, so it has not been stinky yet. Thank God!

Does anyone know how much the tubers are worth?