Re: Dormancy of Amorphophallus from Madagascar

  • Subject: Re: Dormancy of Amorphophallus from Madagascar
  • From: E Morano <ironious2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 12:32:11 -0700 (PDT)

This seller sells his rotten and damaged tubers anyway. I purchased one from him at high dollar. The apical bud had alread7y started to swell when I got it so I planted it only to have it do nothing. When I unspotted it, I saw why it was misshaped to begin with. I was already rotten on the bottom. Only the rot was dry when I got it. Look at his tubers. Every one of them is misshapen. I say avoid this sellers tubers unless you want to throw your money into the trash.

Wilbert Hetterscheid <hetter@xs4all.nl> wrote:
The Madagascan species normally show you when they need potting by the
apical bud starting to swell. That said, when it doesn't happen at all, you
need to take a risk.

Mold on a tuber is BAD! DO check if there is a soft spot below the mold and
if so, cut it out immediately or your whole tuber will turn into mush.

Aroid-L mailing list

Aroid-L mailing list