Re: Pseudodracontium - RIP?

  • Subject: Re: Pseudodracontium - RIP?
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 19:53:21 +0200

Dear Wilbert,

I know that taxonomic units are now conventional, everything is based on
but from the classic point of view what will be the position
or Pseudodracontium within the Amorphophallus, a subgenus or a section?

The second thing: the genus Amorphophallus is placed in the tribe
named from a non-existing genus Thomsonia which is currently a part of
Wouldn't it be better to rename the tribe to Amorphophalleae?
I have used the name Amorphophalleae since I started my www.araceum.prv.pl
and it seems to be logical.

Marek Argent