Re: Help i.d. these aroids

Oh, it helps greatly, Eduardo, especially the mention of leaf
shape.  Forgive my ignorance here but just what are "the basal
ribs?"  I have no "picture" in my mind what this could be.  Do
you mean the veins.

X. violacea was my second thought as to the i.d. of these beauties,
and now it seems to be confirmed.

Would the Demi Bown book AROIDS help me solve some of these taxonomical
quandaries?  I have it on order from for a number of weeks
now but, so far, they've not been able to locate it ....

Thanks much ....