Re: Help i.d. these aroids

Julius, thanks to you and Eduardo this MAY be coming together (i.e.,
clear) for me now.  You are saying that Colocasia leaves are peltate
and Xanthosoma leaves are not (?)  I just checked and both HORTUS III
and the Griffiths' DICTIONARY mention that Colocasia leaves ARE peltate
but does not say that Xanthosoma leaves are NOT peltate.  And what would
be the term for petiole attachment that is NOT peltate, if there IS one?
I can't even find such a term in the Harris/Harris book.  Seems to me
there needs to be one, eh?

Thanks much;  this is all very much fun ....