Anchomanes

Dear all,

To those who replied regarding my mystery plants many thanks, especially to
Maurice Hinterding who suggested it might be Anchomanes hookeri which has the
green-brown bands I described. I am trying to contact the original supplier of
the plants (Hans Hvissers at the Free University Botanic Garden) to confirm if
this species was present next to the Anchomanes difformis he gave me, but
until I hear from him I am posting two pics on my ftp site and these can be
viewed on:
http://members.aol.com/dgiscience/mystery.gif and mystery2.gif

It is a striking and beautiful species with very glossy leaves and I am
immensely pleased to have it!

Thanks again,
Geoffrey Kibby