Re: Spider Mites

Hi!
    Ya know, I've battled with spider mites for many years too. A lot of
respectable people kept telling me to use Avid but I preferred not to use
any chemical spray in the house. These people know their stuff, though, so
if you have to use chemicals I think this is the cat's meow. For the
longest time I would take the plants outside or into the shower and spray
them with water. This does work but is kind of a pain, especially with
larger plants. Its also a pain for plants with delicate foliage. Which
leads us to my revelation...a fluffy OSTRICH feather duster (Not to be
confused with those cheaper, stiff, spotted owl jobbies). Geez! Come on,
its just a joke!  Anyway, you can almost get aggressive with the thing and
not hurt even delicate plants. It knocks 'em right off, eggs and all! Of
course, it doesn't eradicate them right away, but repeated dusting might.
It REALLY does a good job, and its very quick and very easy. Brace the back
of the leaf with your palm and dust briskly. Shake the duster hard outside
every now and then to knock out webs and eggs. Sorry about the novel just
to say,"Use a feather duster" but I've had two Coca-colas today.
YYeEEEEEHaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Kevin
tautau@earthlink.net