Amorphophallus konjac will bloom!

Hello all,

In one season I got 2 A. konjacs to go from a garlic clove sized tuber to  a
large grapefruit, and they are both beginning to producing a bloom. Do I get
any award for this, or must I except the intriguing, otherworldly smelly
large flower as my sufficient reward ;-)
I'm pleased as these were my first Amorphophallus - being a neophyte and all.

I will photograph them if all goes well. I wonder if I place one of these in
my front yard if my neighbors will 'freak out'...yes, that sounds like an
interesting scenario.

Regards, to all who have assisted me in my first year, and ameliorated  my

Luis Fontanills
Miami, Florida  USA