Re: [aroid-l] juvenile vs. adult

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Biogeography and Hollywood
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:30:45 +0000

Dear aroiders,

Talking about incongruency...
What about a Monstera deliciosa growing in a virgin forest in Africa, together with gorillas? (it happened so many times I couldnīt count) Or what about american anteaters in Africa? (the Lion King) The best of all is finding a movie that was supposed to be in the Brazilian Amazonia, but there were many Philodendron bipinnatifidum (Coastal S.E.Brazil) and Epipremnum pinnatum "aureum" (Asia) hanging on trees. And people speaking Spanish, obviously!!!!

Very best wishes,

Eduardo.

Post scriptum: I SWEAR that some of you are asking: Donīt they speak Spanish there??? (LOL)

> ok, i really need to get a life if that's what i can find to critique in a
> movie... botanical inacuracies...

You are not alone. I find it a bit inconguous to be watching a movie set in
the tropics, or the eastern US, and hear Pacific tree frogs in the background.