Re: [aroid-l] speaking of movies (was: The Orchid Thief)

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] speaking of movies (was: The Orchid Thief)
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 04:15:32 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <MossyTrail@cs.com>
To: <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 8:45 PM

In a message dated 11/26/2002 3:33:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Piabinha@aol.com writes:

> ok, i really need to get a life if that's what i can find to critique in a
> movie...  botanical inacuracies...

>>You are not alone.  I find it a bit inconguous to be watching a movie set
in
the tropics, or the eastern US, and hear Pacific tree frogs in the
background.<<

Or the calls of Indian peacocks in Africa, or chimp calls in S.American
jungle, and blow-guns set in Africa, or American Sabal Palms in Asia (Forest
Gump).
It has been a bane of mine from youth.   You all are NOT alone.

Julius