Re: [aroid-l] speaking of movies (was: The Orchid Thief)

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] speaking of movies (was: The Orchid Thief)
  • From: Ted.Held@hstna.com
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:52:01 -0500

We few. We tiresome few. We band of siblings, who cannot go to movies
without noting that sound effects do not propagate in space, that you
cannot outrun an explosion regardless of how earnest and good looking you
are, or that bomb detonations are hardly ever those big, luminous, gassy
Hollywood monstrosities. Without these, however, how could a current movie
get produced? Just a quick POW and James Bond is instantly dead and
probably shredded. What fun would that be?