Re: [Aroid-l] amorphophallus SICK Looking bulb HELP

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] amorphophallus SICK Looking bulb HELP
  • From: Ron Kaufmann <kaufmann@sandiego.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 06:54:15 -0800

    Dusting the wound with powdered sulfur can be very effective in stopping
the rot.  Since most people (myself included) don't have powdered sulfur just
lying around the house, a very good alternative can be powdered cinnamon.  I've
had very good luck saving tubers by doing exactly what you did, coating the
exposed area with powdered cinnamon, and allowing the cinnamon to dry.

    Good luck!

Ron Kaufmann