RE: [Aroid-l] Non-aroid seed offer (Hedychium hasseltii)

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Non-aroid seed offer (Hedychium hasseltii)
  • From: "Harry Witmore" harrywitmore@witmore.net
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 15:36:35 -0500

I have this one also. It can be epiphytic and I have growing it in a wooden
basket for 2 years now. I also grew it in the ground and it grew much bigger
there. I also have another of the Hedychium that tend to be epiphytic,
Hedychium horsfieldii. Neither can survive my zone 7 winters.

Harry Witmore
Cloud Jungle Epiphytes
www.cloudjungle.com