[Aroid-l] Amorphophallus seed germination

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus seed germination
  • From: garbird@bellsouth.net
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:12:02 -0500

I was wondering if anyone can give me information on germination of seeds of Amorphophallus decus-silvae and A. kuisianus? The decus-silvae have germinated, but I was wondering about how long it will be before a leaf is formed. I took a peek to see if they had rotted and the one I saw was about a quarter inch long with three visible roots starting to emerge from it's sides.The others were not disturbed. They are kept at a constant temperature of 82 degrees F. , if that makes a difference with the developement, or if  they would be better off at another temp. please lmk. Any info would be welcome. This is my first experience with these and am curious about how they will develope. Thanks, Garland Bird

Aroid-l mailing list