Re: C. 'Fontanesii' id - Pete's id

  • Subject: Re: C. 'Fontanesii' id - Pete's id
  • From: Tony Avent <tony@plantdelights.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:40:02 -0400

Pete:

Say it ain't so.  C. 'Illustris' is a selection of C. fallax?  Are you also saying that C. heterochroma now gets dumped into C. fallax also?  Obviously, I must have slept while the taxonomists worked. Has someone completed the DNA-based phylogeny of colocasia yet?
Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, North Carolina  27603  USA
Minimum Winter Temps 0-5 F
Maximum Summer Temps 95-105F
USDA Hardiness Zone 7b
email tony@plantdelights.com
website  http://www.plantdelights.com
phone 919 772-4794
fax  919 772-4752
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three times" - Avent

Peter Boyce wrote:
Tony,

I have seen rather a few similar but different things labeled as Illustris. But my feeling is that this is C. fallax (including C. bicolor and C. heterochroma).

Pete