2nd Annual Aroid show? CA Imports

  • Subject: 2nd Annual Aroid show? CA Imports
  • From: "Michael Mahan" <agavestar@covad.net>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:41:16 -0700

Here's what I know about plants into California . Plants brought as baggage
on an airline from anywhere in the U S A ( EXCEPT HI & they inspect at the
airport). no checking on anything except the TSA check @ the airport of
departure  & they ain't looking for plants . (ups has a no ask policy, it's
up to you to know the rules  thing) plants shipped must be from an inspected
nursery if they are stated as plants on the box  & this applies only to a
few states . Enid ships into CA all the time as do other Vendors . Windy
also ships into Ca from HI as do other vendors in HI  , she is also nursery
inspected.. it's the nematode thing, plants must be grown on benches out of
contact with the soil & a soil less mix &/or be bare root . Plants brought
over the boarder in a private vehicle there are no more stateline
inspection stations ( Arnold S The GOV ) did away with them with budget
cuts. Any pytosanitary doc's by the USDA will be OK for bringing plants into
CA.. now don't quote me on this but this is what I have learned from
importing, selling & buying plants for years here in California