Re: International (?!) Aroid Society

  • Subject: Re: International (?!) Aroid Society
  • From: Tony Avent <tony@plantdelights.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:39:43 -0400

Jim, etal:

This idea for meetings outside Miami is not a new one.  In 2001, we
requested IAS to allow us to hold an IAS sanctioned aroid meeting in
Raleigh.  We had good support and attendance from IAS members (75
people) for our meeting that was subsequently held in July 2002.  I was
hoping that folks in other regions would follow us, but nothing so far.
We hosted Wilbert Hetterscheid last year for a wonderful lecture on
Amorphophallus and again, several members from around the country
including Florida showed up.  We have always found the IAS officers and
board to be very supportive of our efforts to expand the reach of IAS.
Folks, step right up.

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, North Carolina  27603  USA
Minimum Winter Temps 0-5 F
Maximum Summer Temps 95-105F
USDA Hardiness Zone 7b
email tony@plantdelights.com
website  http://www.plantdelights.com
phone 919 772-4794
fax  919 772-4752
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three times" - Avent