Re: 2nd Annual Aroid show? CA Imports

At 01:39 PM 10/15/2007, Windy Aubrey wrote:

When I moved from California, I brought along 4 greenhouses full of plants all packed into 49 large boxes of varying sizes, 1 dog, 4 cats, and 12 parrots.  I became very familiar with the USDA requirements and I did it all legally, and had no problems doing so.
Shipping the plants in for a show is just a part of doing business and this extra cost is worked into the cost of the plant, as is the price of the booth and any percentage charged by the society.
If plants brought in for the show are not sold, they can be returned to their point of origin with their original paperwork and a return entry form from the Dept of Agri.

Windy

When I moved TO California, i had a similar botanical gardens and zoo, and everything was legal and kosher. eventually an ag inspector showed up and really, it was no big deal. the man who showed up later to inspect our kennel panels, chain link, which had been outdoors in boston was much more thorough and concerned in his search for hidden lethal organisms on the fencing.

hermine