Re: I need information on Amorphophallus Paeonifolius -any experts out there?

  • Subject: Re: I need information on Amorphophallus Paeonifolius -any experts out there?
  • From: Susan B <honeybunny442@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 20:12:57 -0700 (PDT)

Very reputable seller, I've bought a few of their plants over the years, they used to have an extensive website before they started doing a lot of ebay sales, I believe they still have specimen plants on their website.  Business is called Out of Africa.
I too needed to get a better photo of a plant I bought from them, while it seems to be an Aroid (had a teeny little aroid like inforescence), it was definitely not an Amorph.
I'll have to dig through the GH and see if I can find it.

Regarding the two different paeoniifolius, I was cleaning out my inbox tonight and found your reference, Ron McHatton answered a paeon. question, said both paeon and some koratensis seem to have varieties- rough and smooth petioles, and difference in height.