Re: Cyrtosperma growing media suggestions...

  • Subject: Re: Cyrtosperma growing media suggestions...
  • From: STARSELL@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:57:30 EDT

I have grow water lilies and Lotus for decades using water lily
pots.  There are many sizes available of these from suppliers
such as "Lilypons".
Also, while I'm not advising on a medium for aquatic aroids, I
can confidently report one of the best media for Nymphaea or
Lotus is the heavy red clay soil of the US Southeast.  Also, the
muck in the pond is called muck and made up of more than the
fish waste ... the roots of my plants love it as well when it has
accumulated enough :-) .
We cover the top of the clay soil in the pots with gravel.  The aroids
along the margins thrive in this.
Have you tried these water gardening techniques and have you
read any of the information from Lilypons?
I would love to hear.