suggestions sought

I am a new subscriber, and have enjoyed and learned from October's
mail.  I live in Punta Gorda, Florida, which is zone 9b (my yard never
seems to hit below freezing, although the county might.) I have a
retention pond at my office which measures about 40 feet by 150 feet. In
the wet season (June through September) it may fill with two feet of
water once every two weeks; this usually drains away in a day or two,
but every summer I can count two seperate occasions  when the water
stays in the retention pond for perhaps a week before draining.
	The soil in the pond is sandy dirt.
	I am searching for plant, particularly aroids, to plant in the pond so
that I don't have to look at grass. Currently the whole pond is in full
sun, except for one small corner. I have four Pachira Aquatica trees
lanted in the pond and they are thriving. I also have some hydechiums
that seem to be doing fine.
	Would any typhenodorums work? Would t. linleyanum work in these
condition? I am particularly looking for large leafed aroids, but will
gladly fit in anything interesting.
	If necessary, I can build a shade cloth over for a portion of the pond.
	Also, I would very much appreciate a list of sources for any suggested
plants ( or sources for aroids in general.)

				Thanks very much,

				Paul D. Sullivan