Re: dracunculus hardiness

Dranunculus vulgaris is hardy here in Middle Tennessee, although it goes
dormant during the heat of the summer.  It always reappears in spring.  The
locals here have called it "Dead Horse Lilly" and after sniffing the bloom,
it became apparent to me where the name came from.  It may not smell too
pretty, but I have to admit it is one of my favorites and is a bloomer you
can count on.  The smell only lasts a short while, so if it is a bother, stay
out of the wind and wait for the smell to pass, then get close and gaze at
this wonder of nature.