Re: Ambrosinia bassii

Carlo:  Before you get too excited about Ambrosina basii I should say
that I have seen a fully developed Anthurium gracile (Rudge) Schott
which was no larger than my thumb nail (including its inflorescence).
This was no doubt a freak but it was real.
> Yes, it's one of the little ones but I'm thrilled to report my first
> flowering of Ambrosinia bassii. Its little elfin-slipper flowers are more
> interesting inside than out with maroon spotting and are pressed to the
> ground. They open just as the leaves are coming up and beginning to unfurl.
> Anyone have suggestions for a list of the smallest aroids? I'd like to
> compile one for Aroid-L (and my want list!).
> Carlo
> Carlo A. Balistrieri, J.D.        Email:
> P.O. Box 327
> Ashippun, WI 53003-0327
> U.S.A.
> Voice:     414.569.1902  Telefax: same number, please call ahead.

Thomas B. Croat, Ph.D.
P.A. Schulz Curator of Botany
Missouri Botanical Garden
P.O. Box 299
St. Louis, MO 63166-0299
phone: 314-577-5163; fax 314-577-9596; email