Re: "Wolverine Rotted Meat Cadavour Maggot Leavings Plant"

Speaking of one of my favorite childhood wildflowers, does this plant
REQUIRE cold winters, or could I possibly grow it where I am now living,
in zone 10[CA]? Some places won't ship it to the west coast, could there
be an intelligent reason for this? Lack of hardiness? invasiveness? Host
for some dangereous agricultural pest?