Re: Aroids for Mediterranean landscape designs

I have seen a nice patch of black arum [possibly A.palestinum?] growing
and blooming wild and unattended in the south bay. They seem to have a
somewhat short period above ground. Their leaves appear after the rains
start in december or january, they bloom in february, and disappear
shortly thereafter. They were growing in full sun in what looked like
rock hard clay soil.