Re: "Wolverine Rotted Meat Cadavour Maggot Leavings Plant"

 >Rand,
> >Speaking of one of my favorite childhood wildflowers, does this plant
> >REQUIRE cold winters, or could I possibly grow it where I am now living,
> >in zone 10[CA]?
>
> How far down the East Coast does it grow? Anybody? Has anyone grown Skunk
> Cabbage in a warm climate, say Tampa? Let's hear from some of the experts
> out there!

Way, way down the east coast in Melbourne Australia your native Skunk
Cabbage has been spotted thriving happily in temperate zone 9/10.
A cold winter night would be 0-4deg C.

Grown from seed in July 93  in goes dormant in winter then cabbages
happily through spring and summer. I have it in big pots immersed in
shallow water.
It hasn't produced a skunk yet though.

Cheers,
           Rob.

Rob.McClure
Dept.of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Monash University, Clayton 3168
Victoria
AUSTRALIA.
Phone:(03)9905.5625