Re: Hardy Aroids

  Calla palustris normally grows in wet bogs in mostly full sun.  For a
source I suggest that you look for plants in Michigan and when you spot
some (there are usually a lot of them, or one plant with many, many
leads), just reach in and pull up a front lead.  Calla is not a rare
plant and removing one or two will not destroy  the populations.  Be
careful, hpwever, because massasauga rattlesnakes like the drier
portions of these same habitats, and in trying to avoid the deeper,
muckier pools you are apt to head for the higher drier ground.

Good luck,
  Vic Soukup