Re: 'Self-heading' Philodendrons.

  • Subject: Re: 'Self-heading' Philodendrons.
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" <edggon@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 00:07:30 -0500 (CDT)

Dear friends,

    Just to let you know, Burle-Marxīs plants of P. leal-costae may be lost,
since I could not find it in his collection (among the extant 250 or even
more species of Philos that still survive there). I will check the other
Brazilian gardens I distributed the plants I collected in March, in order to
know if their plants are still alive.
    What about put it in the tank of a monster Vriesea-like bromeliad, just
like it occurs in the wild? I couldnīt try this method because I do not have
room for something like this in my collection. In near future, maybe I will
grow a big tank bromeliad, with plenty of Anthurium bromelicola, A. mourae
and Philodendron leal-costae, all of them known to grow in places like this!
(together with some frogs, snakes and mosquitoes, that are also found in
those tanks)

                              Very best wishes,