Re: Things to do in Miami...

  • Subject: Re: Things to do in Miami...
  • From: Jill Bell <godjillab@home.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 09:04:52 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Don,
I have not changed my plans, though who knows what will happen.  I am flying
out of Hartford on a non-stop to Miami, AA.  It leaves at 6:30 am
ostensibly, so perhaps I should just sleep at the airport.  (just kidding
but nothing seems funny)
I have very strong feelings of needing to get away first of all, and since
the unspeakable events of the eleventh took place, in a strange way even
though I have never met any of you face to face I feel strong ties to some
of you. (You, Dewey, Scott, Petra, Julius), so it will be a very positive
thing to meet those of you that are  there.  Connections to people over the
internet are a funny thing, it has certainly allowed (for me) the umbrella
of caring, if you will, to extend into circles that are far removed from my
ordinary life.
I must tell you that since this happened, I have been amazed to see the
inanity in which business as usual has been conducted by some on the list.
I am not able to get to the point of lightness.  I cannot get out of my mind
what the friends and relatives of the missing must be feeling.
Best Regards,
--
Jill Bell
Illustration, Graphic Design, Web Design and Digital Photography