Re: [aroid-l] Giant Amorphs - what a shame.

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Giant Amorphs - what a shame.
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@worldonline.nl
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:33:32 +0200

Some species of Amorphs have thick stalks as a stable character, others are
thin. Of the larger species e.g. decus-silvae, gigas, hewittii, annulifer
etc. have relatively thin stalks. Titanum, paeoniifolius, koratensis, scaber
are among the thick-stalked ones. It's all genetically proof, no
environmental factors involved. Having said that, I have pictures of a giant
hewittii in Sarawak with a VERY thick petiole, but then the leaf of it is 3
meter high!!!!!!

So, now that you robbed me blind of Amorphophalluses, you're going to get
rid of them again???????????? Just DON'T tell me you switch to
Philodendrons.................

Lord Protector of Phalloids