Re: [Aroid-l] Plants that glow in the dark.

well unfortunately we wouldn't save money, we'd be spending money for nothing I fear. Lining Airstrips with biolumenescent plants would be a waste as the incoming airplanes wouldn't be able to view them from so far up. True there is a type of biolumenescence naturally occuring in the sea but to take that living material and play god with it just doesn't seem right. And I'd love to see the outcome of a refrigerator that has biolumenescence in it to light it up, infecting all foods held within...lord knows what that'd do to our systems...lol....I'd like to see the preservation of native plants and less hybridizations and manipulation of plants.

Good questions and comments though, makes me think further..

kfb maine

there was a sad time when the Welsh some of them used the bodies of rotting fish which gave off some dim light, to enable them to mine deeply in the earth, people who did not have miners lamps.

hermine