Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Luminescence is Not Free

Or... you may have heard of those orchids in Britain with
flowers that mimic female bees, thus deceptively luring in
drone bees as pollinators?  Well, suppose the
bioluminescence in our hypothetical plant was confined to
the flowers, which bloom at night; then, if it flashed on
and off in a pattern like that of a female firefly, the
plant could achieve pollination by male fireflies.

Jason Hernandez

perhaps it could be induced to send morse code disinformation to our enemies. Moss Code, it could be called. I'm lichen this idea more and more.

Aroid-l mailing list