Re: [Aroid-l] Cannibal among the Aroids/The Dog

>Scott and Susan bring up a wonderful point to a dog lover like I happen to
>be.   The dog in the painting is almost certainly a Xoloitzcuintle
>(pronounce THAT!), a rare hairless breed found in Mexico and down into S.
>America, I saw them in N. Peru when I lived there in Talara.   This
>type/breed of dog is almost certainly the 'chupacabras' which has just been
>reported from taxas (Google it and the dog`s name).
>Good Growing (and eating!!!)

those pesky Christian missionaries were shameless and distributed
images like these partly as an excuse to rush in and convert folks by
whatever means. TISK! the ethnicity of the alleged cannibal seems
"generic bad Botticelli Venus" and the dog, the dog IS a Xolo, they
are very variable, some being much smaller than others, and SOME
being very WOOLY.  I wonder if the circular object in the basket is
a  head with orange hat.....   the bundle of salad concealing the
pubis is a nice touch, a bouquet garni of sorts. rather as if she has
been to the local supermarket food shopping and said, "gimme a
melanistic head and some Caucasoid extremities, please.

However, we ARE impressed by the anatomic accuracy of the dog. the
detailing of the paws, the tail tip....the artist was clearly focused
in interest on the dog, of all the other things in the picture.

major dog person

Aroid-L mailing list