Re: [Aroid-l] tragic: "ExoticRainforest" on plant boards

Thanks Hermine!  I've received quite a few private notes with similar sentiment.

I just felt it in bad taste to "dump on" anyone within the plant community, especially with such vile language.  Whether a person is well liked, or not, is little justification to say vicious things in an open forum anyone on the net can read.  I posted a very brief note on that particular thread which apparently caught the website owner, and others, off guard.  I simply said in my personal conversations with Dr. D. I found him to be generally pleasant.  I am aware there are others with a differing opinion.

The entire thing turned into a "freedom of speech" issue on that board.  But the bottom line appears to have been, the only ones with any "freedom" to speak were those who agreed with the site owner who appears not like Dr. Darian.  As a result of demands from the site owner I call to explain my actions I simply said I was leaving the forum permanently.  That did not sit well.  He made the demand at least three times.

Never fear!  I'm not worrying about this.  I simply received three separate emails warning me something might be attempted with the screen name "ExoticRainforest".  I did not recognize the name of any of the three.  A fourth email almost screamed at me "its a joke".  Perhaps.  I just couldn't take the chance. Although my website is far from being anything to rave about, I now consistently receive close to 1000 visits daily from around the world.  The idea someone might use the name of the site to post nasty notes anywhere was most distasteful.

Thanks again.  And I do hope to meet a bunch of you in less than two weeks!

Steve Lucas