Re: fall show & sale photos

  • Subject: Re: fall show & sale photos
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 21:04:12 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Albert( and Dr. Croat),

Aloha and mahalo for sharing this video of Dr. Croat's lecture for those of us stuck at home.

It proves that the IAS has a living treasure among us in the form of Dr. Croat.  His life and work needs to be published as a book... I believe it should be a biography versus an autobiography so he can continue to work on Araceae undistracted.  Wow.  I was impressed before I saw the video...but now I am convinced that his life should be documented like other legends in print...Dr. Richard Evan Schultes,Dr. E.O. Wilson,...Bates, Wallace, and Spruce are a few that come to mind.  We need to have the unabridged and illustrated Croat biography...maps and photos and botanical illustrations.  It needs to have 500 pages of text and full color plates.  What a story,

Thank you both for this opportunity to glimpse the life and times of Dr. Tom Croat...I feel I know him a little better...but I also know that is like seeing the entire extent of an iceberg.

Aroid-L mailing list