Aquatic aroids, algae problem

  • Subject: Aquatic aroids, algae problem
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 22:23:45 +0200

These algae are brown, not bluegreen (I attach the photo again). I may try antibiotics.
I think I could not have shrimps, because I have Botia fishes in my aquarium and they probably would bite off their legs,
these Botias not once ate smaller fishes' eyes.
Other fishes don't eat these algae, even the Silver Dollars (Metynnis sp.) which ate almost all plants I had except Microsorium sp. and two small Cryptocorynes. Other plants were immediately eaten by the silver dollars. I had also a fish called commonly in my country "lawnmower" (Crossocheilus siamensis), it was eating these algae, whe&#1352;č&#