Plant lovers meeting!

If you grow aroids or tropical plants and live in Oklahoma, southwestern Missouri, north Texas, western Arkansas, southern Kansas, western Louisiana, southeastern Colorado or anywhere people love growing tropical plants please join us at Myriad Botanical Gardens and Crystal Bridge on November 21 at 1:00 PM. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come and bring your tropical plant loving friends for a great tour of the garden!

The Myriad Gardens has a fabulous collection of tropical plant species including more than 100 palm species, a collection of Cycads, Gingers, Bromeliads, Orchids and aroid species including Philodendron, Anthurium, Alocasia as well as the exotic Amorphophallus titanum.

This meeting is sponsored by the members of the International Aroid Society that live the region but our goal is to meet people that love tropical plants while introducing them to aroids! Although we grow and love aroids almost all of us love to grow plants from the rain forests of the world. We just want to meet people with an interest similar to our own. Technically this is the first meeting of the MidAmerica Chapter of the International Aroid Society but you don't have to join or be a member to join us for the tour of the garden.  We're inviting members of orchid, cycad and palm groups to join us so bring a friend.  In fact, bring them all!

We've been told there is a possibility that Dr. Tom Croat is hoping to be able to join us. Dr. Croat has personally collected more than 100,000 wild specimens in rain forests around the world for scientific purposes and has named many new species to science. This will be a great chance to meet Tom and ask questions. Since he is a personal friend I can assure you will find him a warm and kind gentleman besides the fact he is the world's leading expert in his field! We'll be updating this post once we have a confirmation.

Some of us will be bringing plants and cuttings to trade and we encourage you to do the same. Please bring anything you would like to share with other tropical plant enthusiasts since there will almost certainly be something there you'll want to bring home.

For more information, check out the chapter page at http://www.aroid.org/midamerica/

Please RSVP to Zach DuFran zdufran@wdtinc.com  or to Steve Lucas at Steve@ExoticRainforest.com

Admission to the Myriad Center is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors and $3 children). If you've never been to the garden the Myriad Gardens website is http://www.myriadgardens.com/

By November we'll all be looking for a place to see some great tropical plants so plan to join us!

fn:Steve  Lucas

Aroid-L mailing list