Re: Amorphophallus growing season (was konjac ques.)

Thanks to Craig Smith for his suggestion of increasing light to shorten
Amorphophallus petioles. Mine are in 2000 footcandles; I can probably move
them toward the front of the house where I have 4000-5000. It's also hotter
up front; hope heat doesn't stretch it!

I hadn't heard that A. konjac doesn't flower in the South. Mine flowered in
Tucson last winter; so did a friend's indoors. Greenhouse night temps ca.
55-60 F.  I do have difficulty getting corms over 8" across with leaves 3'
tall and wide; I can't believe some of the sizes I've read about in this
forum recently.