Re: Dranunculus vulgaris Source & Related Question(s)

 >Hello All,
> >
> >Last year I was fortunate enough to obtain some small Dranunculus
> >vulgaris from Rob in Australia and since my first unsucessful season of
> >growing them,

Rand, Doug and other aroiders,

Sounds like your Dracuncs. are pining for the great southern land
from whence they came.
I find it takes about 18 months for Nth. hemisphere bulbs to change
their rythmn to our seasons.
Give them plenty of light, don't overwater and show them lots of
Kylie Minogue and Nicole Kidman videos. You could also sing 'Waltzing
Matilda' or say 'Gidday Mate' whenever you pass.....that might fool
them.
Above all be patient.

Spring has sprung down here and the aroids are booming.
My Dracuncs. are skyrocketing (sorry about the blatant boasting ) and the Helicodiceros
has got fat buds already. You will know when it blooms 'cause you'll smell it in
Canada.
The Arums, Biarums, Arisarums and Ambrosinias have flowered really
well and the Arisaemas are starting to poke their heads up.
Don't you just love Spring !

Cheers,
            Rob.

Rob.McClure
Dept.of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Monash University, Clayton 3168
Victoria
AUSTRALIA.
Phone:(03)9905.5625