Re: Anthurium seed

>I have a question: Is light required for germination of these seeds? I
>lightly covered the second and third pots and it seems the seed is taking
>longer to germinate.

I put the seed on top of the media surface...  Sometimes pressing them down
even with the surface with a finger - either that or I 'water them in'.  I
think that light helps.  Consider how it would be done in nature....  seeds
fall off on the ground and the ants eat the berry - leaving the seed
exposed.....  Or... the birds distribute them in their elimination...  but
that is covered (probably).  The best thing to do is experiment with the
light you have...  some seeds in one pot and some in another...

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut