Re: schoolgarden advice/asphalt

Home sick today, a relative brought a  child with a blooming cold to our
passover seder.  A spring cold...achoo!

Asphalt is not my favorite(  I hate the stuff, prefer to pickaxe it and cart
it out as inappropriate to a garden, concerns about chemical composition,
etc.), but  it can be worked around, if absolutely necessary should there be
a dearth of male  upperbody strength and beer.

 Judy, I'm thinking raised beds and good drainage, with a dug out gravel
gutter on all of the sides of the beds - or a kind of container garden.

Painting asphalt is OK for basketball courts, but I think will do nothing to
cool your space.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman