Re: schoolgarden advice/asphalt

We've planted some gardens here in Philly that were entirely on top of
blacktop, in raised beds. The best covering we've found to use in the
pathways was woodchips, since it looks great, keeps the surface cool, and
eventually breaks down and can be incorporated into the beds, then
replenished on the paths. And since the beds were raised above the surface
of the paths, we didn't have to worry about the fresh chips burning the