selling produce from gardens

  • Subject: [cg] selling produce from gardens
  • From: "Lisa Preschel-Quinn" <lpreschelquinn@trinitycounty.org>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:42:54 -0700

I am wondering about selling things from our community gardens.  We have 2 small gardens that are part of a food security project.  We distribute the food to the food banks but this year we made plots available to families.  Some folks would like to try selling at the farmer's markets.  Would it be unfair competition since our lans and water is an in-kind donation?
Any comments?
thanks,
Lisa
PS.  I am alos interested in trellis or other support ideas for long raised bed rows of tomatoes.