Re: [cg] Jicama

Near Phoenix, I planted it about April 1 and didn't get roots before
November.........it did, however, flower and produce seed...............
  The directions said not to allow it to flower.     You might try
planting it and cloche it at the end of the season...........  Washington
is often fairly warm.   Perhaps it could be cloched both at the beginning
and end of the season.    I don't think it could be transplanted but
perhaps a gallon pot in a southern window.   Mine was a fairly fragile
plant................   I had no previous experience with it so perhaps
someone who had grown it somewhere else might have a better thumb with