[cg] NYC

    Hello everyone.

As a continuation of the boycott of New York City I am posting the following:

I am a Graphic Designer using the Macintosh Computer Operating System.  MacWorld is one of the MUST SEE shows that we go to each year.

Due to the inhumanity to man and the active destruction of society and community by the city of New York in the buldozing and selling of commuity garden lots, I am cancelling my plans to attend MacWorld.

MacWorld was move from Boston to New York City last year.  Then, due to complaints by attendees, it was to be moved back to Boston MA with a show in the year 2000 in NYC.

Since my paying for anything in New York City would, by way of taxes, go to the City of New York, and since I am
part of the boycott of anyone or any company that
a    Has headquarters in NYC
b    Mainly distrubutes out of NYC
c    Manufactures in NYC
I can not, pay for a ticket, or even attend an event that the space would be paid for and hence a city tax paid.

Therefore, unless the community gardens are allowed to operate unhampered for at least 20 years from this year,
and that decision comes before the 21st of July, I will NOT attend the MacWorld Expo at the Jacab Javits Convention Center in NYC and urge all exhibitiors, distributors, and prospective attendees to do the same.

This is a matter of morals, ethics, and a fight for a beter community, not just the "allmighty" dollar.

Sincerely

Charles E. Knight
Charlie Knight, Victory Over Hunger Community Garden and CREATIVE CONCEPTS design and innovative solutions group, both from Springfield Massachusetts.

ICQ# n 31796194
charl