RE: garden mules

  • Subject: RE: [cg] garden mules
  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower@snip.net>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 23:15:02 -0400

Hi, Fred!

The head of Parks & Recreation in Phoenixville *today* asked me to tour two
tiny parks in Phoenixville where they want to tear out unused basketball
courts and turn the spaces into community gardens.  It's seen as a way to
increase community participation in the local parks, encourage folks to use
courts that are in better condition/locations and have local people take
ownership for upkeep.

Sally McCabe and I will be doing the tour on Tuesday -- we'll let you know
how it goes.

It is waaaaaaaaaaay too hot in SE PA -- pray for lots of rain this weekend
to break it all and save our plants!

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of