Re: Questions about the Tom's of Maine grant

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Questions about the Tom's of Maine grant
  • From: Lenny Librizzi <plantlot@rcn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:08:19 -0400

To all,
FYI, this is an ACGA grant program using funds received from Tom's of Maine.

The August 15th deadline is to allow the grants to be reviewed and the winners announced at the ACGA conference in Toronto.

The good news is that the ACGA office will be accepting e-mailed applications until the deadline at the following e-mail address.

laymanlee27@yahoo.com

Use the subject line : Tom's Of Maine/ACGA grant application

Any questions call - 1-877-ASK-ACGA.

The grant application is on line at http://www.communitygarden.org/whatsnew.php

Since the form on the web site is a single image .pdf , I am including cut and pasted text for you to create a word document to submit.

Cover Page:

2004 Tom's of Maine/ACGA Grant Form
"Community Gardens: Bringing People Closer to Nature"

Tom's of Maine and ACGA recognize the valuable role community gardens play in bringing
individuals and communities closer to nature, at the same time, appreciating the power and
beauty of plants and herbs. To support these efforts, Tom's of Maine will assist ACGA in
recognizing 15 community gardens that are either established or in the development stage,
with grants of $1000 to community garden groups across North America.

Garden Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Province:
Country:
Zip Code:
Contact:						       Alternate Contact:

Email:						                 Email:
Phone: (D)			(E)		   	      Phone: (D)			(E)

Please return this page and attach additional sheets to describe the following (Limit 250 words):

- How the community garden is or will be used as a tool to bring people closer to nature.
- The impact and positive contributions anticipated that benefit the community.
- How does the garden address some of todays social issues, such as food security,
environmental justice, poverty, open space, urban renewal etc.
- Names, telephone numbers, and contact information of three people who know of the project.
- Supportive documents such as photos, press releases, clippings, citations, etc.

Grantees will be announced in Toronto at ACGA's 25th Anniversary Conference, October 2, 2004
during the annual luncheon.

Good luck to all.

Lenny Librizzi