Re: Questions about the Tom's of Maine grant

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Questions about the Tom's of Maine grant
  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:04:05 -0400

Lenny Librizzi wrote:

The good news is that the ACGA office will be accepting e-mailed applications until the deadline at the following e-mail address.

laymanlee27@yahoo.com

Yippee! With the harvest season in full swing, plus teaching court-appointed youth 4 times a week, this is going to help A LOT! Thanks so much!

- Supportive documents such as photos, press releases, clippings, citations, etc.

This is not so difficult with e-mail as some folks have suggested -- if you're supplying photos to news organizations or other contests, they usually want digital photos, so having a "library" of digital photos of your community garden, its produce and its people is a good idea for all of us. And almost all newspapers publish their articles on their website, so copying the article and its URL for your own archives pays off -- depending on the newspaper website, the URL is often valid even if you're supposed to pay for the content after 7 days or so.

I would have been happy with a fax number, but being able to whip everything together electronically over the weekend (unless the rains really do come and we get washed out tonight -- we had amazing thunder for 45 minutes yesterday, but no lightening and no rain, so the kids had to work anyway! ;-)) is going to make life so much easier.

Thanks to the subcommittee for putting all this together -- go out there and get us all more grants to apply for -- we all need cash! :-D

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator St. John's United Church of Christ Organic Community Garden

A mission of

______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org