RE: Re: questions about c gardening

> Dealing with queries from my editor at New Age Journal and would like your
> opinions:
>
> 1) WHY are most community gardens in low-income neighborhoods??
> If they are?

All IMHO...

Because there the people are landless, and probably don't even own the place
they live in. It is the one thing they can really call their own. Landless
but financially stable people have the means to take trips and vacations to
places with nature.

Also, a garden is a place of self-expression coming from communities whose
voice is least heard in our nation.

> 2) WHY are most community gardens in large or largish cities?

Because the need for natural life is least present and most needed there.
Because Nature is asking that we restore its presence on its planet. Because
humans intrinsically need nature to cultivate a connection to life, and
where there is none, those who intuitively know this are responding to the
call.