RE: Contribution - Care With Wood Chips

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Contribution - Care With Wood Chips
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:37:27 -0500

Dorene is right on this one, although the plastic solution is simpler from
an administrative standpoint.

Caution on wood chips:

If the source of your wood chips is not from your very own chipper shredder
or a source you trust ( i.e. from trees and shrubs) and are from a
lumberyard, instead - care MUST be taken that the wood chips are NOT from
treated lumber , which is listed as a toxic substance and has to be disposed
of as toxic waste per Federal EPA regulations.)

P.S. Can you believe that there are still roses in bloom here in NYC on
December 1st? Is there Global Warming or what? This is a very good thing for
the shifts of recovery workers at Ground Zero who can't believe that the
weather is holding this long ( Plans for a dome to shelter these workers in
inclement weather have been shown in the papers but are nowhere near
completion.)

Guess things like this sometimes happen providentially.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman